Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXPORTING TEXT

Discussion in 'Corel' started by geb, Nov 4, 2003.

1. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Recently while using Corel to either import or export text in ai format, I've seen a line running through the middle of certain capital letters when I cut them on vinyl. For example: A, P, R, O's. I've noticed this while exporting in ai format from Signlab into Corel, and also exporting certain text from Corel into Anagraph. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix the problem? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Sunny

Sunny Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I don't use signlab, but I have had this happen a few times.

Usually turns out that I forgot to convert the text to curves and break it apart before I exported it.

3. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Thankyou Sunny, I will give that a try. Have a great day.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Sunny is dead on with the break apart command. What is happening is Corel is segmenting any letters that have inner and outer loops and are combined. Breaking apart releases the combining.

Just recombine your text once you get it into the destination application.

:signs101:

5. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Your right Fred, Sunny was dead on. That worked the first time I tried it. :thankyou:

6. Sunny

Sunny Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Oh Goody! I was able to help someone! :biggrin: