• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting transparent backgrounds in Flexi

signart

owner
Having trouble exporting transparent backgrounds in flexi. I can accomplish this through PDF but the customer cant use PDF, tried many ways to export as PNG with no luck it converts background to solid black or even white depending on the application.

clarizeyale

When saving it as a PNG, did set it to have a transparent background? Did you turn off necessary fills in the image?

I just typed up a word, saved as PNG with transparent background and it shows up in flexi as having no background...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Having trouble exporting transparent backgrounds in flexi. I can accomplish this through PDF but the customer cant use PDF, tried many ways to export as PNG with no luck it converts background to solid black or even white depending on the application.
I don't believe anyone "can't" use a PDF. That's like the most universal file, next to JPG.

Snydo

Use Windows Snipping Tool to screen capture from Flexi showing the transparency and send them the resultant JPG.

Evan Gillette

You probably have export options suppressed so the options window doesnt come up. Export as a .png, make sure "suppress options" is UN checked, pop up window has a check box for "transparent"

IsItFasst

I am curious on this as several have said to uncheck the "suppress options" box but when exporting as png that is grayed out on mine (works for other formats). Am I missing something? I'm on 12 PS3 p4 build 2568.

ProPDF

What version are you using? I think we had this problem on 8-10 and Flexi support said they knew about this as well.

Evan Gillette

I am curious on this as several have said to uncheck the "suppress options" box but when exporting as png that is grayed out on mine (works for other formats). Am I missing something? I'm on 12 PS3 p4 build 2568.

I am on 12 sp5p4 build2898 (I believe that is the latest build) and it seams to be working fine. It also might be what you are trying to export that is the issue, if it is a non-transparent bitmap you are trying to export it will not automatically make it transparent. You would have to use the "make transparent" tool from the bitmap menu if I remember correctly. I have never been a fan of flexi's bitmap tools, but they usually work with some fiddling.