• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

extended warrantee yea or ne

mark galoob

i have a mutoh value jet 54" printer and the manufactur waranty is almost out. i have been offered an extended warantee for 2500.00 for one year...

im curious how many of you all have done this with your printers or is it even offered with your printers...

mark galoob

At that price, I would say nay. Unless you've had trouble with it in the past or have reason to think something major could be wrong with it.

I'm not familiar with Mutoh. But on my Mimaki, I could almost rebuild the machine for $2,500. I could replace 3 of the 4 print heads for that.

WildWestDesigns

Almost any extended warranty are not going to be to your benefit unless something really takes a dump on you. These businesses have looked at more variables then the average person would to figure out the c/b ratio of this price for the warranty. 9 times out of 10, they aren't worth it to the consumer unless you really have bad luck. Not saying it won't happen to you, but it would take a lot to recoup that cost.

The only variable that would make it worth it to you or not is how much you value your "fear" on the possibility that something might happen. Some people place a high value on that fear factor and will get the extended warranty on just about anything. If that mental piece of mind is worth it then go for it.

i think i was quoted $1000 usd on a 1 year extended warranty on our roland. we got a 2 year warranty on it from new and i was thinking of doing this when it ran out. not to bad i guess for $1000 a year.

CS-SignSupply-TT

From whom did you buy the Mutoh; what is your relationship with the dealer; would they really provide the service you need promptly; what problems have you incurred to date; were the problems taken care of by the dealer? These are just a few of the questions to consider prior to stroking a $2500 check for 12 more months of "peace of mind...???" By the way, are you willing to get your hands dirty if you have a problem?