• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extended Warranties for HP Latex

jayhawksigns

Anyone have any input on the extended warranties.

Grimco was nice enough to email us and remind us that our warranty is up next month. And for a gracious $2529 we can extend next day, parts and labor service for 1 year.

Well I had to call HP yesterday about an issue with our L25500 and the first lady I spoke to asked to send out their extended warranty info. Got that information in and they ask $2403 for next day, parts and labor for two years.

Any idea what Grimco is doing?

jayhawksigns

Found out the price difference. Mind you they had my serial number and they informed me of my expiration date, but the HP price I was quoted was only for a new machine. Apparently buying the extended warranty anytime after its newly installed requires a much larger payout for the warranties.

Suz

Yes, I got that quote, but not from Grimco. I was sent those prices after the HP Tech helped me with replacing all my heads and adding the new firmware update. I was pretty shocked at the rates. Anyhow, I don't plan to purchase that! LOL.

Suz

Good News

When I called HP yesterday (Technical) I asked about the prices they had e-mailed me on extending the warranty. Apparently, the high prices are for having a Tech come out to service your machine on the spot.

They do have a $399.00/per year (phone assistance only) contract you can sign up for, as long as you do it at least 3 months before your first year on your new machine is up. They told me about that when I asked if there is anything else besides the one I'm not going to buy. :)

I plan to do this, I've had to rely on their Technical help and they are very good when you call, so I think it is worth doing. They explained that this $399.00 plan is renewable on a yearly basis. Again, it's assistance over the phone, and if you need parts, you pay for those and install yourself.