• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extended Warranties

Bannerday

Have an HP 42" latex coming off warranty. Grimco wants
$1800 for 1 year.

Had the tech in twice when we first got the
machine, but nothing since then.

Like the piece of mind a warranty brings but I'm not sure
it makes good business sense.

Appreciate your thoughts...

tcorn1965

Have an HP 42" latex coming off warranty. Grimco wants
$1800 for 1 year.

Had the tech in twice when we first got the
machine, but nothing since then.

Like the piece of mind a warranty brings but I'm not sure
it makes good business sense.

Appreciate your thoughts...

If it covers heads I would say yes, if not, no. IMO

Terry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can you do the repairs yourself or over the phone if you need something replaced or fixed ??

You're taking a chance without it. It's more like an insurance policy than a warranty. Perhaps looking into a new machine altogether would be a better idea.

Bannerday

Can you do the repairs yourself or over the phone if you need something replaced or fixed ??

You're taking a chance without it. It's more like an insurance policy than a warranty. Perhaps looking into a new machine altogether would be a better idea.

The machine is just a year old, so not getting a new one.

HulkSmash

Nah, don't need to extend it. The heads are 100 bucks each, can change them out in 10 seconds yourself. The only thing i would consider getting the warranty for is the load, and take up roll... but i don't even think to replace those are that much...

CS-SignSupply-TT

Extended warranty

The heads are simple to install. I've already replace one.

As you know signs101.com is FILLED with help when it comes to service and repair of your equipment. Since you have already replaced one head, I would suggest a cost/benefit anaylsis of what HP provides in the way of YEAR 2 warranty. If the service menu is based on them coming out versus what you are comfortable doing, but you still have HP service available at a significantly lower rate, I would BUY year 2.