• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EXTERIOR CHANGEABLE SIGN PANEL

Rayg

Greetings all, I have a Med. office client who needs a main sign with changeable sign panels for incoming/out going Drs. names.
Overall size is approximately, 48" sq. Anti theft panel, but easily removable for new panel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time

Marlene

48" sq isn't a lot to go by. Is this a main sign with tenant panels that can be changed? How many panels? Illuminated or not?

Sandman

Let's see, anti theft but easy to remove. Seems those two attributes don't work well together. You could try theft resistant stand offs for the panels. The button caps are reverse threaded so the average person will be tightening the button cap while trying to remove it. I'm wondering what kind of person would want to steal a sign panel with a doctor's name on it?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
look up "anti-theft" or theft resistant" fasteners... many are stainless steel and nice enough to be exposed keyed screws to only a person with the exact insert can remove the panel (also nearly guaranteeing you would be the one replacing the panel)

look up "anti-theft" or theft resistant" fasteners... many are stainless steel and nice enough to be exposed keyed screws to only a person with the exact insert can remove the panel (also nearly guaranteeing you would be the one replacing the panel)

They don't care about the doctors name. Peel the vinyl off and you have a nice chunk of aluminum to scrap. Maybe get a buck or two for it. People steal the craziest stuff around here. Most of it ends up being recycled.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
They don't care about the doctors name. Peel the vinyl off and you have a nice chunk of aluminum to scrap. Maybe get a buck or two for it. People steal the craziest stuff around here. Most of it ends up being recycled.
If the panel was acrylic with second surface vinyl then that would end that problem...

Billct2

Yea, we did a bunch of private property signs on lexan because the metal ones were being stolen.

Rayg

Greetings all, I have a Med. office client who needs a main sign with changeable sign panels for incoming/out going Drs. names.
Overall size is approximately, 48" sq. Anti theft panel, but easily removable for new panel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time
Hey everybody THANKS for the good ideas and input. Concept is Single sided, pan form, non-electric, 5 removable panels. I think I'm gonna go with several of your ideas on this. Clear lexan name panels, reverse vinyl letters, and use anti-theft stand-offs.