• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exterior safe "popcorn" texture?

Big EZ Signs LLC

Howdy all, got a question I hope someone here can answer. I'm painting a faux monument style sign, and I want to add some texture to it. Now I've noticed there are other signs in my area, where the sign maker put a "popcorn" type texture on the poles, base, etc. Problem is, I can't figure out what it is?

I've tried knockdown spray texture in a can, and that melted off in the first rain. So did a "textured" style spraypaint.

Oh, and because I know someone will ask, I can't find out from the other sign maker, because the are out of business. :p

Anyhow, any help or advice is welcome. I'm at my wits end, I've checked with Benjamin Moore, and Sherwin Williams, and they came up empty.

Thanks!

neato

I've tried knockdown spray texture in a can, and that melted off in the first rain. So did a "textured" style spraypaint.

Did you prime it and paint over it with an exterior latex acrylic paint? If so, I can't imagine it would wash off. If not, I think that was the issue.