• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exterior wall mount banner poles

Baz

Hey guys.

I would like some suggestions on where to buy some exterior wall mount banner poles.
Preferably on the east coast and even more preferably in Canada.

So far the only ones i can find are from companies out in California.
Searching for Canadian suppliers gives me allot of pole mount hardware but for wall mount it is very limited.

I have a supplier that is offering me their kit but it is for a steel plates with fiberglass poles.
I find the look to be very "cheap".
Looking for steel poles with finials or round balls at the ends.

Any help would be great!

Baz

Thank you for your replies guys.

This is what i am looking for. Style wise.
I would be using either lag bolts with steel shields in the brick or
Tapcon screws (if i can find heavy duty ones).

Attachments

• Wall mount banner poles.jpg
    Wall mount banner poles.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 118

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you could find a local fabricator who could weld some together for you to your specs. According to the size of the banner, those flanges in your picture look too small.

Baz

I am also considering having them built.

The picture i posted is from a California company.
They list either a 4"x4" or 6"x6" mounting plate.
The pole is 1" square tubing. (i would go with the 6"x6")

If i can buy relatively close by (meaning a few days shipping) and the customer agrees to the price.
I won't go through the trouble of having them made.

But if it's to much of a hassle. Ordering from the US West coast (meaning two to three weeks shipping).
I will get them fabricated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Whatever you go with, if they are getting mounted to a flat wall you want oversize plates to mount them to. Stander pole brackets are too small and will over time with a small amount of wind rock back and forth and eventually rip the anchors out of the wall and come loose. The potential for injuries and lawsuits is very real if this happens. I have replaced ones before that another company installed (well, the couple that were still attached to the wall) just using regular pole brackets on a military base. Out of 4 they installed 3 had ripped out of the wall and they did use proper anchors... I also recommend expansion sleeve anchors, NOT tapcons for this sort of thing if you want them to stay up permanently...

The ones we used I ordered from Consort KBW (Kalamazoo Banner Works). We use the plates with the Airow banner brackets and rods. They also can custom make plates to your needs and have finial, etc for the arms. Have to contact them for reseller pricing.... http://www.consort.com/kbw/

Baz

Thank you for your input Sightline.

Yeah ... I knew mentioning Tapcons would be a bad idea. I wasn't going to go that route.
I have "some" experience in installing these and would be using expansion sleeves like you say along with lag bolts.

Thank you for the link. I will be contacting them shortly. I saw this kind of bracket when i was searching but could not find the manufacturer.
Nice looking system and i would advise my client that the wait time would be worth it.

Baz

Thank you!

Will look there also (plus they have other nice ornamental post and panels systems as well !)