• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extra large poster frames

rjssigns

Client wants to hang 48"x72" poster on the wall. I checked the web and found several vendors that make frames, but don't know if they're any good. Would appreciate any insight.

Already thought about PhotoTex, or direct print on foam core then hang with french cleat.

Attachments

• 3lr.jpg
    3lr.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 184

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We do quite a bit of this and either print directly to PVC or gatorboard. If you need a frame, you can frame it on the wall quite easily. You could also simulate a frame into your print, it just wouldn't have a 3D appearance. Something that lightweight would stay up with double sided tape and good adhesive. We use MS35 for the schmutz portion. You must warn them, when eventually taken down, it could leave a mess to clean up, but then..... so do any other physical fasteners.

rjssigns

I would probably print, laminate, apply to 1/4" pvc and frame with pvc molding.

Got a monster snap frame made. Took a chance ordering, but it's a real nice piece. Matte black, 1.25" wide, perfect miters and within 3/32" of square. Came with backer and cover too. I printed on Orajet 3640 matte, mounted to 3mm foam PVC(generic Komatex). Loaded everything in the frame and snapped it shut.

Now I just have to find media holders for 8.5x11 sheets. Those will get mounted to the clear cover. Other than that the project turned out great.

rjssigns

Does anybody else have issues with not exactly condensation between the clear and the prints. Not entirely similar scenario I had with vista aluminum frames, curved, the graphic would look fine, but a few days later it would look like it was wet and part of it was stuck to the clear. Everything would come back apart and appear to be dry, get cleaned, reassembled, then a couple of days later it started again.
Any ways, the snap frames are pretty neat, just curious if it is going to bow convex once it's hung at such a size?

Installed correctly bowing shouldn't be an issue. Plenty of fastener locations.