• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extra Photoshop Tips when Resizing Images

prosigner

Hey everyone!

So we are working with some images around 6500x4500 plus or minus 1000px each way that are going to be viewed up pretty close, wanting to be able to resize them to about 100" x 140". We are using Perfect Resize to resize to the desired size at 100ppi and then using High Pass on PS CS6 to get a more sharp image. These are black and white "sketch" type photos normally but good quality at their native resolution. Looks pretty good with High Pass!

Any other tips to help with the resizing process that you guys use?

Thanks in advance!

prosigner

rjssigns

We do all our tweaking in PS before sending to Perfect Resize. It works well for the things we do. We also resize in one shot. Every time a file is manipulated there is more of a chance to lose information/quality. Proved it time and again in one of my college courses.

prosigner

Excellent tip rjssigns! We will make sure to do that!

Also, DKgrafix, I'm just wondering why 5-10% increases each time gets a better result? So basically I will end up using Perfect Resize a few times on the same photo until I get where I need?

Rjssigns are you saying that I should resize in one shot versus 5-10% increases?

Thanks a bunch guys!

prosigner

the graphics co

+1 for re-sizing it in one shot. Every time you save a jpeg file you will lose some of the graphic information/detail in the photo.

jmcnicoll

Typically if your resizing just in Photoshop the word on the street was always to do it in increments for better results. If your using a plug in for Photoshop then one step was the norm.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Bump.

Photoshop CC is now available. It has some new features regarding re-sizing images. The "preserve details" option for enlargement delivers some good results. The new image sharpening tools are also greatly improved. Too bad they couldn't have delivered those features in CS6.