• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme Makeover - The Contest!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You forgot...

and at the same time, he unloads the safe and cash register of all the 10's and 20's and sifts through the old sofa for loose change counting it miserly, occasionally peeking through the curtains muttering "I sure do like me them chicken wings...I wonder when I'll be able afford me a building sign"

iSign

budget smudget....

nothin' a lil pretendin can't git you past...

designers, start your engines...
(ok, couple are runnin' hot already... but put it in gear folks... see ya at the finish line :wink: )

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
budget smudget....

nothin' a lil pretendin can't git you past...

designers, start your engines...
(ok, couple are runnin' hot already... but put it in gear folks... see ya at the finish line :wink: )

I'm afraid my submittal may not be as good as my imagination. I have it designed, I am now "value engineering" it....

S

Sign-Man Signs

We wanted to get in quickly.

It didn't need much other than a coat of paint and some sprucing up here and there. To save 'Cheap Jim' some money, we used the same material and posts over and did this out on the site with some cans of Krylon and stickers made on our sticker cutter. We copied a picture off the internet, since no one was looking, but we still charged him a little for our efforts.

Really, nothing much more was needed for 'Cheap Jim's' sign other then the deposit [which we waived] and will be reimbursed after the sign is dry. We used shelf liner to save some vinyl costs. We just put them on some old liner and cut away and used some 'Groundhog' wizz and it stuck REAL good. This sign should last at least another year or two as long as it's protected from the sun, rain, snow, wind, fog, vandals, flinging debris, birds, other jealous sign people and low flying crop dusters.

No animals [other than Mutt & Jeff pictured below], atmosphere, waterways [where we threw our discarded spray cans], soil, children or passing motorists were harmed in the retro-fitting of Jim's Emporium sign.

No permits were needed since we did this all at night. You can tell there wasn't any light when we did this sucker.

Vote for number one...:thankyou:

:thumb: Another well made sign for the old :unclesam:

To funny Gino. Think John Deere may be pissed, but I like it!
Move to the head of the class.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does that budget include permits, PA 6% sales tax, beer, digging in clay, dust masks, 10' poles, more beer, inspectors fees, a new headlight for night driving [only have one], baby sitter fee, still more beer, membership at the local 'Fire Company' for after the install, oh yeah.... beer at the Fire Hall and any other incidentals that might creep up that you or I didn't mention ?? :rolleyes:

:help: Wow, we need a bigger beer fund for this job.... $865. won't cut it. That only leaves $130 for the whole sign, installation and all those other things I mentioned.... hafta find cheaper stuff. Maybe we could talk 'Cheap Jim' into a single sided sign and prop it up against one of the posts.... save paint, vinyl and some installation time. Yeah, now $130 might do it....:cool:

iSign

The new sign, including removal of the old sign and installation of the new, is to have a maximum budget of $995.00.

No entries are to posted by the designer. All entries are to be submitted to me by email attachment within 2 weeks (midnight of Saturday, May 5, 2007).

ok people... this is cool, so let's not let it wither away... I had to check the closing date & decided to re-post it for others so we don't wait too long to get involved.

SignosaurusRex

How many you got in there now "Rep"? nine or ten?
34dc1395.gif
34dc1395.gif
34dc1395.gif

Holeshotrob

I guess I will have to actually do another one. I can't let Rep beat me. Naw, I'll just go with the one....I think I'll be ok!:biggrin: :wink:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We're up to 13 entries at this time.

Not trying to discourage multiple entries, but for you guys and gals submitting more than one entry, you may find that you end up splitting your votes and finish further down the list. Just food for thought.

All entries must be in by 7 days from now.