• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extremely slow L360

Davo

Printing in 6 pass, normally a 50yard roll takes about 3 hours to print, however lately it's painfully slow... 4+ hours.. the head carriage seems to like to sit on the side of the machine for an amount of time and not cycle back and forth like it did at first. Exactly the same job, rip settings etc.. 6pass, 100ink, 300dpi... network is 1Gbps so I doubt it's that since network utilisation is less than 1%. It happens when only 1 machine is running on the rip or 4..

thought it could be Interpass delay but it is set at 0ms. These machines have a mind of their own..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm not a latex expert by any means but every time I have seen a printer carriage stop on each side for a second before it returns, it's a communication issue no matter the brand of printer. Your network specs a fine but your cable/router/printer Ethernet card or computer Ethernet card could be bad. Try connecting the printer with a cross-over cable directly to our computer and see if that changes anything. If it gets better, somewhere in your network is some bad hardware most likely the router/switch. If it doesn't get better, it could be anything pertaining to your network including network cards and cables.

Davo

I suspect that could be the case... when printing to the Z6200s on the same server/rip the network utilisation is around 10%... while the latex only uses 1%.. strange... I'll have to look into it.. maybe our gigabit switch is acting up on that port.

ProColorGraphics

Mine will do that about 30 seconds into a print. Then after about 20 seconds or so it will go back to normal printing speed. it will act like there is an interpass delay, but mine is set to zero as well.

I thought it was something in the printer as it only does it in the beginning like that, on every job nomatter what the settings. But I guess mine could be a network issue too, didn't think of that.

daenterpri

Any updates on this? I have had the same issue with my 360 not going as fast as I think it should, or going slow for a time, then fast for a time. We've swapped router/switches with no help. I'm going to swap computers next since we have a spare one laying around and I'm going to try a new ethernet cable, though I'd be really surprised if that was it.

Davo

Definitely not a network problem.. 8pass @ 600dpi runs as it should, no slow downs. I believe it is a drying time issue since it starts printing fine and then will slow down as the print reaches the curing module.