• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fabric Awning Install on Corrugated Metal Bldg

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I have a customer wanting some Fabric Awnings Install on Corrugated Metal Bldg. Has anyone done this before.
Painting Canopies and Painting logos on Canopies and Installation of canopies is no problem but rain will get in behind canopies between ribs in metal on bldg once installed.
Is there a fix to this?

Attachments

• Fabric Awning Install Corrugated Metal Bldg.jpg
    Fabric Awning Install Corrugated Metal Bldg.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 232

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of what you flush mount....... rain, snow, bugs, birds are gonna get behind it. What's the issue ??

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
If you got these wholesale, does the manufacturer have any tips? The only thing I can think of are flashing pieces, but that would be a little tedious.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With that large of a gap, you'll need to use some flashing and make it large enough so you can cut the grooves out in the back. Then caulk it.

Attachments

• corrugated flashing.jpg
    corrugated flashing.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 113

signbrad

Is it really necessary to prevent water from going behind the awning?
Wouldn't it be far easier to install a gutter section above the doorway at the bottom of the corrugated gable to catch the water and shunt it to one side?

Also, I seriously doubt you will be able to create an effective barrier at the top of the awning. Theoretically, you could use a short section of the same corrugated roof panel to contrive a flashing piece to overlap the awning top, but it seems impractical, and will probably leak in a short time.
The goal is not really to prevent water from running behind, right? It's to protect foot traffic entering the building. A gutter section would be quick and easy. And it would not necessarily need to be a huge pre-made box gutter. It could be a smaller, narrower profile fabricated quickly in the shop.

Brad in Kansas City

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You could try foam sealing strips between the upper support and the siding. They're available for most standard profiles/ brands of steel siding & roofing, mainly used for sealing ridge caps. They're sealed in place with a butyl caulk or butyl adhesive strips. They look like this... Something to think about.

1698590070015.jpeg