• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fabric Printing??

Farmboy

Everyone seems to be subbing out flags, table covering or any fabrics. I got my hands on a reduced price roll of Apollo Flag and thought I'd give it a go. Just got it in today so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Guess my question to everyone that's attempted to print fabric in house, is it worth it? For reference I'm using a Roland VS640.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I've have tried it when I was running my old roland FJ52 converted to solvent, worked perfect.

I have an HP latex now, haven't tried it with that yet.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We have been doing more fabric printing in-house lately. I'm selective on what we do in-house though. One of the big sticklers with fabric printing is the finishing. It's a whole new ball of wax from vinyl banners. I've never been fond of outsourcing finishing. Some 3rd party who couldn't give a rip about your project is putting the finishing touches on. If the finishing is simple (hemmed edges, pole pockets), we'll print in-house. Table covers and fabric structure prints are way too complex. We're looking at sewing machines right now. Fabric is the future, and there are way better profit margins.

We have had the best results printing with our UV curable machine. Solvent printing gives so-so results, and the media will be stiffer. We have not tried printing with our Latex machines, but I am expecting pretty decent results.

GetTarps

We have been doing more fabric printing in-house lately. I'm selective on what we do in-house though. One of the big sticklers with fabric printing is the finishing. It's a whole new ball of wax from vinyl banners. I've never been fond of outsourcing finishing. Some 3rd party who couldn't give a rip about your project is putting the finishing touches on. If the finishing is simple (hemmed edges, pole pockets), we'll print in-house. Table covers and fabric structure prints are way too complex. We're looking at sewing machines right now. Fabric is the future, and there are way better profit margins.

We have had the best results printing with our UV curable machine. Solvent printing gives so-so results, and the media will be stiffer. We have not tried printing with our Latex machines, but I am expecting pretty decent results.
I am having isdues with dull print...doesnt look that good. What can i do? Epson s30670

bannertime

We've printed fabric on our latex. It was decent looking. Hardly any bleed through, though. Was suggested to have been machine washable, since we can wash tshirts with 831a ink, I assume it's all good. I'd say it'd pass for a single sided ad flag. As cheap as we can get some flags made, we've yet to see where it'd be profitable to print flags in house. Maybe for a same/next day rush option, could be worth it. Backdrops are a different story.