• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fabric suggestions

bigben

Hi folks, I'm looking for fabric to make tear drop flag and I've never printed on fabric before with my l26500. So what's are your suggestions?

I you have other fabric possibilities, let me know also.

Thanks.

EddyCTeckers

Hi,

I work with a MUTOH RJ-900 using die-sub.
Not very familiar with your printer but I know the fabric we use is a 40oz direct-to-fabric material and it works wonderfully, the price is also very reasonable.

You should check it out. Display-wholesale.com

We can send you a sample media kit free of charge.

ProColorGraphics

Hi,

I work with a MUTOH RJ-900 using die-sub.
Not very familiar with your printer but I know the fabric we use is a 40oz direct-to-fabric material and it works wonderfully, the price is also very reasonable.

You should check it out. Display-wholesale.com

We can send you a sample media kit free of charge.

Do you work at this place? You sure push them a lot. You have 3 posts and they all say to try display-wholesale.com

Sign Eagle

I like Neschen's VariTex Deco Frame 250. It does not have any coating required for solvent printing so it is soft and relatively wrinkle resistant, prints well in our HP L25500.

ProColorGraphics

I like Neschen's VariTex Deco Frame 250. It does not have any coating required for solvent printing so it is soft and relatively wrinkle resistant, prints well in our HP L25500.

What did you find is the best way to load this and get it to go straight? I have a 60" roll of this and it's a pain to get it loaded correctly. I keep getting the "skew error".

Sign Eagle

What did you find is the best way to load this and get it to go straight? I have a 60" roll of this and it's a pain to get it loaded correctly. I keep getting the "skew error".

Tape the lead edge of the cloth to a 24-36" length of adhesive back vinyl or thin plastic that feeds easily into the machine (full width of the machine). Load the machine with vinyl, then advance to the cloth.

Hi folks, I'm looking for fabric to make tear drop flag and I've never printed on fabric before with my l26500. So what's are your suggestions?

I you have other fabric possibilities, let me know also.

Thanks.

If you are looking for a single piece of fabric (where the ink is penetrating through to both sides), I would look into the Aberdeen 2812 Flag material. I have successfully printed on this with the HP L26500, and while the fabric is a very open weave (needed to obtain the ink penetration), it holds ink well.

If you want to put a blocker in the middle, and then sew the three together, you can obtain more opacity, but it will cost more to produce using this method.

Tape the lead edge of the cloth to a 24-36" length of adhesive back vinyl or thin plastic that feeds easily into the machine (full width of the machine). Load the machine with vinyl, then advance to the cloth.

+1
This is precisely what HP has done on the L26500, using thin film and magnets.