• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook Page

qmr55

How big of a help has facebook been for your business? Let's discuss social media.

I know there are threads here where everyone posts their FB page for others to check out, but let's have a discussion on impact, if any, facebook has been on your business.

Feel free to share them, we can all like each others!

Mine: www.Facebook.com/SL3Designs

I haven't posted much, but will be posting more coming soon!

WildWestDesigns

Facebook has been decent as far as getting business (and quite a bit of that is return as well). It can be a time suck if you aren't careful, but if you don't do anything with it, returns are going to be low as well.

Linkedin I can't say has been as good as a return compared to FB. In fact, I think the impact has been none from Linkedin, if you count just the ones from Linkedin.

Those two are about the extent of my social media involvement.

MtnView

Facebook has been a small help at times. Problem with FB is something I can't really verify but only suspect. Seems like text only posts (no pictures or links) reach more people than posts that include photos or links. Even the text only posts reach only a fraction of followers. I believe that is FB trying to get businesses to spend money with them by "Boosting" posts.

fresh

Instagram has gotten us multiple new customers. Our facebook page is mostly friends and family, which is nice, but we don't get much business from them.

Our instagram account on the other hand, is golden. We are followed by many local businesses and have perfected our hashtags to gain more followers and clients.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I don't get many referrals from my Facebook page, but the more links to your Web site the better the page rank you'll have on Google search. My Web site hasn't changed in years but it links to my social media and they get updated regularly.

I have always treated social media like a spider web. The more you do the more opportunities you have to snare them drive them to your Web site.

WildWestDesigns

Facebook has been a small help at times. Problem with FB is something I can't really verify but only suspect. Seems like text only posts (no pictures or links) reach more people than posts that include photos or links. Even the text only posts reach only a fraction of followers. I believe that is FB trying to get businesses to spend money with them by "Boosting" posts.

I actually think it's more to do with people clicking or doing something that is more "active" that it counts as a "reach". Some of my more popular pictures have reached more then just texts only posts. I can understand where you are coming from though as I get inundated with requests to boost particular posts. I just dunno.

I do think though Facebook is used in many ways that to not do it at all might be missing out on some things (one of which Jester was talking about).

Craig Sjoquist

The main reason I'm on Facebook is to see others works, since here in Orlando there is very few artist & even less sign shops that have any real talent, so all the excellent designs, art & signs is just plain awesome to see & inspiring helping me be better.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/592-sign/156581951056030?ref=bookmarks

That is mine if it goes to the correct location.

As far as getting work from it at present very little. ..WHY ?

Does not post every day or more then twice in a day.
Does not have enough customers clicking on like from my website.
Does not have a online store..But in process of creating items for online sales.
Not into sitting at my laptop for hours & hours to make best use of social media much less designing signs using CoralDraw like I should.
Not willing to spend money to promote on social media or net.

I do hope to & try to devote more time to social media since I do see others make good use of theres & see income it creates.

peavey123

Facebook in my opinion seems to be better for connecting with an individual, whereas Twitter is better for connecting with other businesses. So for me Twitter wins, we've got way more business from Twitter than FB.