• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook Shill

NotADesigner

Personally, as a picky consumer and someone who enjoys using social media, likes mean something to me.

When I was looking to get the windows tinted on my new car, I looked extensively for a shop that appeared to do good work. I didn't want to go to the "subs and dubz" shop that is local (my term for them, not their business name). Sure, a lot of my 20-something friends have used them and been happy, but I guess I feel that I'm harder to please and willing to pay for quality materials and attention to detail in work. I ended up driving 2+ hours one way to get the job done by a shop that posts their completed work on Facebook. Did I get better work because I drove two hours and did a lot of research? I don't really know... I'm not an expert on the subject. But I've been very pleased with the tint on my car since :) Just my two cents... you stand to benefit from having a well run Facebook page, but you don't stand to benefit from not having one.

I liked the pages listed... always looking for inspiration so I can poke my designers and say, "Hey, do this!"

p3

The benefit to the likes is that, the more people that like your page, they will see your post. If they interact with your posts (comment or like) their friends will see that interaction and see your posts as well. Steadily growing your audience. While sales are nice, it's also nice to convert 1% of a lot of people than 1% of 100 people. Facebook does restrict your post to how many people view it. If you like say 100 people and you post, only 30-40 will actually see the post. If people interact with your post, then it will push it out to more of your friends (the original 100) and slowly show to their friends. If no one interacts, then your posts don't show to nearly as many people.

This is true to the boosted/paid posts as well. It's all throttled on engagement. Plus, looks better when you have a lot of likes and have interaction. No one wants to be a loaner or look at a stale page.

Nice example of starting a movment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbaemWIljeQ

escalated.jpg

Even though I can see this thread getting way out of hand, I do need likes. So... www.facebook.com/sellerssignanddesign