• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Factory Produced Graphics... What brand?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys, I was wondering what brand vinyl the factory stripes are? Pic is what I'm talking about. Over the years I have put various, factory produced racing stripes on for our local dealers for Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge, and they all appear to be made from the same brand matte black vinyl, but I don't know what it is. It's certainly different than the oracal and 3m that I stock, but it would be nice to know what brand it was so I could match it when adding custom bits and pieces. Thanks

Attachments

• 20150127_100720.jpg
    20150127_100720.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 168

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, walked into that one. My bad guys. The sheen is different than any 3m I've ever had and a different color than oracal altogether. The liner is blank, and while I know all car brands probably use different vinyl, the color has been very close on all of them. The picture I included was merely to show it wasn't some ebay stripe that I can't match. This picture is of a super snake kit from a mustang. 3m on the left and oracal on the right. No writing on the any part of the liner, its not rapid-air style vinyl, but feels like good stuff. I don't know what else I can say to help, but I have several pieces here and there left over so if you can think of any questions that I can answer, hit me. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150205_145326.jpg
    20150205_145326.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 149