• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fades are not printing right on Valuejet

heyskull

I have a fade on a sticker that fades from Black to Grey.
Problem is it fades but it has a red tinge to it.
I have tried different ways of creating it but still can't get it OK.
It was originally created in Signlab but since then i have tried corel and adobe all with the same result!!!

Your help would be appreciated on this one as every time I think I have sorted the job it prints the same.
I am using Wasatch 6.2 and all the correct profiles for the material.

SC:banghead:

HaroldDesign

In Illustrator is it cmyk mode? If so, what are the values in the gradient? For me, I've had grays turn out bad because of Cyan and Magenta being in there.

Idea Design

I've often found it better to rasterize a gradient fill when printing. That's advice I got from this board and it seems that every time I apply it, it works wonders.

Is the 'fade' a vector object? If so, try rasterizing, then printing.

Jackpine

I make the fade (gradient) and convert it to a RGB bitmap and then Power Clip it into the vector. I do this in CorelX3 and it works very everytime.
Idea Design;442370]I've often found it better to rasterize a gradient fill when printing. That's advice I got from this board and it seems that every time I apply it, it works wonders.

Is the 'fade' a vector object? If so, try rasterizing, then printing.[/quote]

MacDaddy

Instead of using RIP/PRINT fro Flexi just open the Production Manager and go to FILE, then ADD JOB... Your job will appear on the right of the screen. Then double click on the job and print from there.................

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Profile is setup to run a 4/c black.. this is correct. You have to do a Linearization to get the colors back in balance. Or add some cyan.

P

ProWraps™

grey..... ugh. good luck with that. it will either turn out redish or greenish. its not just you. its grey. we all have the same problem we avoid greys like the plague. just play with your profiles.

Arstron

I do most of my fades in flexi, ive used100% black to what ever shade of grey I want (usually 30% black to 70% black) and it comes out great every time. If you are using only black ink it shouldn't have a red or green tint to it... Now if I use rgb on a vector it turns out greenish, but ive only done test on that when I first got my printer.