• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fading Ink (VJ 1204)

MachServTech

Do you see any drips on the nozzle plate of the printhead? Seems to me like there is some kind of leak affecting the siphon of the meniscus. When you put your finger on the end of a straw in a can of coke then pull it out you have a meniscus. If you have a leak the ink will follow the path of least resistance. If the cartridge bags are almost empty then back towards the bag it goes. If they are full then ink goes towards the print heads (until it reaches the air leak) It is possible you could have damaged print heads. Have you pulled ink directly from the bottom of the print head? If so, that can damage piezo print heads.

Biker Scout

OK, finally got what you meant by pulling ink through the capping station. I hooked up a syringe to one of the black hoses, and plugged the other one. Took awhile, but was able to get ink to pour through... still have some missing nozzles, but at least for now the test squares are printing bright and nearly 90%.

That's a far cry better than what I've been seeing all this week. I'll keep at it, this is at least giving me hope. *WHEW*

luggnut

i feel for you... i had a similar situation with my falcon. after pulling ink to the dampers and then thru the capping station, changing the dampers and o rings.... it finally came back. it was a learning experience though. so now you know how and when to pull ink with the syringe, and how the dampers work, so you can more quickly get thru it next time.

Biker Scout

I'm half tempted to leave the side cover off, and the syringe/pump contraption permanently hooked up. :Big Laugh Who needs a waste tank anyway?

Biker Scout

Alright... it took all day, but I fabbed up a little dealie to pull ink from both drain tubes. Works well, and got me nearly 95% back to perfect. At least good enough for the couple of banners I've got sitting in my queue.
(It's basically 2 syringes with 16 gauge needles. I picked the smaller sized syringe body because it fit perfectly in the 3/8" dia tube. The special "Y" fitting I made wasn't really necessary, I could have used one "T" and two "Elbows")

Attachments

• CS_Vacuum.jpg
    CS_Vacuum.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 77