• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fading out edges

Banner Signs

I need help figuring out how to take a photo and having it fade out on the edges so that it disapeers into the backgond of a substrate. I need it to be done uniformly using just the outer 10-15% of the picture.
I am printing a picture for a truck and will be using clear vinyl and lam and going on white background.
Any help is appreciated and I am using CS2 photoshop.

Thanks
Dave

3CGraphics

in photoshop you can do it with the marquee tool - if you want an oval click on the upper left dotted square (marquee tool) and hold until the flyout appears - select the circle one. BEFORE you select anything with it - on the bar just above your workspace set the feather to whatever size you want - the highest settting is 250 so start at 100 and see if thats what you want - once the feather is set then select the area you want - copy it then paste it (it will go into a new layer) - turn you r original layer off and see if it is what you want as far as look - too much feather then reduce the number - too little increase it. This way you are not messing with your original image. If the image is square same steps except use the square narquee tool - hth

GK

you can apply a layer mask to the layer you want to do this do. On the layer mask, use a gradient fade using pure black (#000000) and pure white (#ffffff) (or transparent) while on the mask layer, this will allow you to edit the feathered effect and un-apply it later on if you need to change something. Link about layer masks for feathering edges