• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fading to trucks origional color

altereddezignz

Sorry if this has been asked but let say a truck is metallic black or something besides white. Is there an easy way to fade to the factory car color. For instance there is some sort of fade.
Here is a image for reference.

None of these are mine.

Also anyone wrapped an avalanche with the lower cladding.

Attachments

• F64692295.jpg
    F64692295.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 466
  • F100872310.jpg
    F100872310.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 96
  • wrapcar_back.jpg
    wrapcar_back.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 120

visual800

Is it possible the blue and red cars have printed optically clear on them? If ao the color of the vehicle wouldnt have to be printed Damn nice fade are those painted I wonder

altereddezignz

No they are actually wrapped. What would you need to print on clear vinyl? We have a valuejet 1324 haven't printed anything yet we are almost finished with the building i am just trying to learn ahead of time.

visual800

if you printed on clear, in this situation, you would only print the black shading. That way when applied to vehicle it would appear to fade into the stock color

when you say these cars are wrapped you mean just the fade is wrap right?

catldavis

It appears to be printed on clear (as stated above) or printed and then laminated (here's the description):

Give your vehicle a custom airbrushed paint job at a fraction of the cost with our new Camaro Side Graphic Sport Fade graphic! The graphic has been digitally printed and laminated on clear print media with a black gradient. Using the finest vehicle wrap technologies this graphic will use your vehicles paint color to provide the background coloring! Simply wash and wax with the rest of your car for years of enjoyment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It does say 'screen printed', so I doubt the printers will give the same effect. The screen will hafta have a dot reducing screen, where a printer could probably get much finer detail. Heck, its all spelled out for ya...... give it a try.

altereddezignz

I print half tones on my smaller printer when I do fades or full color printing on shirts. But I just meant about the ink and vinyl used.

J Hill Designs

I print half tones on my smaller printer when I do fades or full color printing on shirts. But I just meant about the ink and vinyl used.

ink would be the same. print on optically clear overlam, then laminate with the same optically clear overlam

edit: with the last photo that is fading from yellow colors to black, its either printed using white inks, or printed on white and fade to a black print that is easy to match with factory black

altereddezignz

So will the ink lent the same since it is on clear vinyl? I mean let's say your design was like a blue or something fading to a black truck. Just tryin to wrap my head around printing on clear vinyl. Can the same ink be used? I'll see if I can find a sample of what I am talking about. Just curious how the colors would turn out since it is not on white.

J Hill Designs

So will the ink lent the same since it is on clear vinyl? I mean let's say your design was like a blue or something fading to a black truck. Just tryin to wrap my head around printing on clear vinyl. Can the same ink be used? I'll see if I can find a sample of what I am talking about. Just curious how the colors would turn out since it is not on white.

you would use the same ink, but in the above example any color other than black would change due to the underlying color.

think of the THEORY of it. prints are only BLUE because they are on a white material. if the BLUE was on a red material (a red car with a blue print on clear over it) it would be purple

thats why I said that the flowers one was either printed with WHITE ink, or printed on WHITE. or the yellow would be a slightly yellowey black

J Hill Designs

since silver is close to white, its fairly easy to do with clear. if the truck was originally blue, for instance, it would be a different story

altereddezignz

Ok I understand. I guess that is where I was kinda stuck was there was no white to print on. What printers print white ink? That would be very interesting. I screen print and when doing photo realistic prints they either have to be on a white shirt or start with a white background in most situations. Guess it is the same concept.

As for my other question.