• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Failed to Save document

1robbie

Am I the only one having this problem? Try to save my work and pops up error failed to save document then crashes the program. any tips???

1robbie

Saving as a Flexi Sign *.fs file. Created in Flexi and push save button.
Doesn't always happen to every file, just random.

It doesn't give you the option to save it as anything else, just says failed to save document, then goes through all the files you might have open and ask you to save them. say yes to overwrite them if need be and then pops up failed to save document. then when done with all the files it crashes and all your work is gone.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LittleSnakey

ME TOO!
Sometimes it will let you save it as an eps file. otherwise you lost whatever you did since last save.

either that happens or it just closes....

Here's a new one for me today, just upgraded to 10.6 pdf rip and the send to versaworks button does not work it sends the file to the wrong folder!

Tried calling SAI today got on hold for over 5mins then get voicemail.

Looks like they got my money and I got the .... you know.

Steph_Stamm

Sorry about that guys. We'll have our tech guys look at this and will post back if we're able to solve it. Another option for reaching us is through esupport@saintl.biz. I'm not sure what time you tried to call in, but our hours are Monday - Friday 8 am - 5pm Mountain Time.

saihelp

Hoping that "Little Snakey" you have had your issue resolved. Other issues with saving here is a idea.

As far as the document getting saved, if this happens with a file saved either "on the network" (as in another computer, not their local physical machine), or if they are saving the files on a usb drive.
The reason for this is because if the computer drops the connection with this remote computer and/or usb drive, then Flexi lost communication with the file even if the communication is recovered.
A good test is check whether they can save files directly into their desktop, and if their temp files in Flexi are also pointing to a remote computer.

LittleSnakey

Just happened again, tried to call SAI but no answer while I had the file still open but couldn't wait so I just sucked it up and lost a few changes.

No, not saving to a usb drive or a network. Saving to the same drive as the operating system drive C:

It let me save it as an eps file this time but nothing else worked.
Any other ideas

J Hill Designs

is flexi using C as a scratch disk? it might be trying to autosave at the same time to the same disk, therefore causing issues? not sure, just a thought.

LittleSnakey

Autosave is turned off, I would assume that flexi is using C as the scratch disk also. This is Flexi PDF Rip 10.5, not 10.6 as I stated earlier.

I have this proble occasionally in 8.6 but it will usually save if I change the file name. Mine doesn't do it very often but it is a pain when it does.