• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faint ink bleed

Larry L

I'm getting a faint ink bleed, a milky cloudy look, very light blue in the white areas some blotchy, printing red seems to be OK, no bleed. I did a cleaning, and tried different media. Valuejet 1204. An approved Endura ink cartridge from Sign Warhouse.

Attachments

• 20131206_526.jpg
    20131206_526.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 97

guitarguy69

What is the humidity level in your print area? I have seen this at our shop when the humidity drops below 40%. Also, blue seems to be the most prone to static issues.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
+1 on static/lack of humidity. Seems LOTS of people having this issue.

Larry L

The humidity is 60% if the gauge is right. It has gotten very cold out here in NE Ohio. So the furnace is working now about the time I started having issues. How do I fight the static?

a77

I am having this issue right now... 30% humidity in my shop and it's really bad. Hair stands up on legs when walking close to the machine!

Got through some prints by standing behind the machine with a bounce pad wiping every metal surface unexposed, the platen, the frame... had someone stand in the front of the machine doing the same thing :Big Laugh

Brought in a little home humidifier, ran it for a couple hours.. no difference. I am looking to get a bigger one, plus I ordered one of these out of desperation: http://staticure.com/?page_id=548

I'm surprised you're getting that with 60% humidity though!

Kaiser

A trusty kettle will solve this. Make yourself a cup of coffee while you're at it. Careful with the furnace as this could dry out your air even more.

Larry L

I am having this issue right now... 30% humidity in my shop and it's really bad. Hair stands up on legs when walking close to the machine!

Got through some prints by standing behind the machine with a bounce pad wiping every metal surface unexposed, the platen, the frame... had someone stand in the front of the machine doing the same thing :Big Laugh

Brought in a little home humidifier, ran it for a couple hours.. no difference. I am looking to get a bigger one, plus I ordered one of these out of desperation: http://staticure.com/?page_id=548

I'm surprised you're getting that with 60% humidity though!

Thanks, I will try it out.