• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fair Price or Rip Off?

Master's Touch

6 4x8 3mm poly/aluminum signs completely sheeted with full color print, and laminated. 250.00 per panel. This is the counter I got from my customer after I submitted my quote for his project. I guess I should be thankful that he called me back to give me the shot at it, but MAN I hate price matching. I am on my way out of this game, as my primary source of income, and as I see the way this industry is changing, I can't say I'm sorry.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That's pretty tight but if I'm going with cheaper calendared vinyl and lam and on an order of 6 I'd be about $25 per higher than that. But, if this is a repeat long time customer or potential big new customer I'd probably match that price.

mopar691

Any artwork involved? if it is a print ready file really not to far out of line for that quantity using a calendered material like stated above. I would be around 325 for 6 sheets to start with

Master's Touch

See the attached file. This is art I did for the ONE previous job I have done for him. And yes, I think there'll be more work in the future. This design is about 60 percent their pre-existing and the rest influence from me.

Attachments

• moix4x8 lo res.jpg
    moix4x8 lo res.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 94

skyhigh

6 4x8 3mm poly/aluminum signs completely sheeted with full color print, and laminated. 250.00 per panel. This is the counter I got from my customer after I submitted my quote for his project. I guess I should be thankful that he called me back to give me the shot at it, but MAN I hate price matching. I am on my way out of this game, as my primary source of income, and as I see the way this industry is changing, I can't say I'm sorry.

Did ya match the price???

I wouldn't be anywhere near that price, but I do have one question......Were they at least all the same?

mopar691

Are these job site signs? My experience with these (if that is indeed what they are) it within 3 years they get demolished, run over, shot at, etc. anyway.

Master's Touch

Are these job site signs? My experience with these (if that is indeed what they are) it within 3 years they get demolished, run over, shot at, etc. anyway.

Some will be used for that, some won't. And no I haven't matched it yet, and yes, they are all the same.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I imagine these are double-sided. We generally get more than that for a 4' x 4' unlaminated.

Could we do it for the price you just quoted ?? Sure, but I'd make sure he knows he's getting a deal and not to tell anyone else.

Master's Touch

I imagine these are double-sided. We generally get more than that for a 4' x 4' unlaminated.

Could we do it for the price you just quoted ?? Sure, but I'd make sure he knows he's getting a deal and not to tell anyone else.

Nope, just single side. I'd dig a ditch I think before I'd do D/F for that rate.

Master's Touch

Thing is, there was a time I could get $6-700 for this sorta thing. Just sold an 8x8 with MUCH less coverage for almost a grand....but these days the pricing is just all over the place, and I cringe just about everytime I quote something. It's a mixed bag.

fmg

That just added a notch in the bastardisation of the sign business belt at that price.I woud be at $500 no doubt about it.

visual800

$250 sounds good to me! We would pay out printer locally including materials $150.00 per 4x8. thats $100 per for doing nothing

paul luszcz

We can buy them from a Merchant Member here for $128 each, direct UV print on 3 mm ACP. Depending on the freight, selling for $250 is very nearly full price.

I can't imagine you need the slightly higher quality of printed and applied vinyl. If the customer insists, we would pass.

SignProPlus-Chip

We do 4x8" polymetal sign like this for $395 installed...kind of a product price for the real estate folks here in the area. Take away the install and we would be at $325. Toss the 2 posts 4x4x96" we include and your down to about $275.

Take off 10% for qty and your at $247.

So yep, $225 a piece isn't that bad...hell you doubling your money or better depending on your substrate and vinyl costs....and it's a job that can be knocked out in just a few hours to boot.

Jillbeans

I'd rather sit on my couch and go broke rather than sell a sign that cheap.
And they were quoted so cheaply yet are still expecting someone to do it for less?
I'd let them go to the other guy.