• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon 6100 & cyan nozzles dropping

graceman

Hi to everyone. I'm facing a weird issue here. I work years with Mutoh Falcon series but recently i when tried to bring an old dried rj-6100 back to life, i coulnt't succeed completely. Nozzle check is fine except of cyan. Cyan nozzles are dropping from full to none and entire block of cyan is gone within one day. When i perform cleaning cycle all nozzles come back to full 100%. Ten minutes later nozzles start to drop, hour later only the half is working and the other day there's blank space in nozzle check pattern.

I have changed both heads, all dampers, cleaned the tubing (inlet & waste as well), capping and pump,
i have replaced damper o-rings,
I have checked the tubes for air leak - negative, no air bubbles,
dampers are halfway full; the cyan one i have replaced 2x to be 100% sure,
I also tried the syringe suck several times to re-prime the heds but no luck.
All the carts are almost full so there sholdn't be any pressure difference.
I don't suspect the capping to have a bad seal since cyan is in the middle of black & magenta (left printhead) and these colors work great.

Strange is that when printing, it doesn't leave a banding and works fine, when it stops the nozles start to drop.

Any idea what could be wrong? Any input from you guys (especially RandyA) is very very appreciated since i find this almost supernatural.

GrantX01

Have you considered the fact that it maybe an electronic issues? I have worked with some falcon II outdoors and seen some weird things myself.

graceman

I don't think so. It's happening whether the printer is on or completely unplugged. This is some sort of physical matter. But thanks anyway.

graceman

lol

I would replace the Cyan ink line, brass fitting and O rings...

No luck either. I suspect bad ink (Wincom is in). I've already heard of some bad batch issues. Not very likely but nothing else comes to my mind after all that i've been thru.

randya

Look at is the bottom of the head when it gets nozzle dropouts to see if ink is puddling on the bottom of the head keeping the droplets from the head from dropping properly.

Dont let it cap or clean.

Otherwise it sounds like ink delivery system..

Compilla

Also, inspect the Print Head manifold ( Print Head nipple ) it may be cracked resulting in loss of ink flow to the printhead. Typically this break is at the base of the nozzle where the damper attaches to the printhead manifold.

graceman

Recent update: I removed cyan cartridge (wincom), clean the line and primed with mutoh oem and problem is gone. BUT... exactly the same issue now appeared on adjacent channel - light magenta !!!

Jackpine

Then clean ink lines and install OEM inks.
Recent update: I removed cyan cartridge (wincom), clean the line and primed with mutoh oem and problem is gone. BUT... exactly the same issue now appeared on adjacent channel - light magenta !!!