• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. COLD Help Please

psbc2009

I just purchased a used Falcon Jr. It works and prints with the exception the heaters are not working and heater display is blank. What would most likely cause of this be. Can you print succesfully without heaters??

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

Printing without the heaters will give you a lot of head aches. You need the heat to dry the ink and to open up the pours in the vinyl so the vinyl is more receptive of the ink.

psbc2009

I have a feeling this "deal" is going to get expensive. Oh well live and learn I guess. Time to get the tool box out.

tomence

If not a secret how much did you pay for it plus did it come with software coz i am about to get one used so want to know what the price range is for this printers.

psbc2009

$1200.00 for the JR and a vinyl express GRC-61 cutter. I also got a color head brand new in the box included. I am just getting started and figured this was reasonable to get me going. Hopefully the heater thing is not too costly. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on Flexi Print&Cut 8.5 i beleive. This will cost me $1800.00 from Grimco. Any thoughts from you experts would be appreciated as i am new to all of this.
Thank you!

tomence

if you dont have a software to run this printer i guess you gonna have to buy the flexi or some other software. From what i am hearing you gonna need flexi 8.6 or upgrade to 8.6 to fix some bugs i never used this thing i use corel mostly or illustrator.

psbc2009

Update....it is heating up, at least in center portion. I pushed buttons to increase temp but there is NO Display so I have no idea what temp is or what each push of the button does. Material is warm and looks to be printing fine. Need to troubleshoot display I guess :rolleyes:??

Compilla

Update....it is heating up, at least in center portion. I pushed buttons to increase temp but there is NO Display so I have no idea what temp is or what each push of the button does. Material is warm and looks to be printing fine. Need to troubleshoot display I guess :rolleyes:??

When pushing the heater buttons up and down, does it beep ?

Check the control panel cable from the CP to the mother board, normally the most common culprit.

It could also be the heater control panel board.:rock-n-roll:

psbc2009

tomence- i am getting ready to buy flexi print&cut 8.5 - hopefully this will get me started with the printer and cutter. Compilla- reseated the control panel cable and all looks good! Any input on the flexi print/cut software??