• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. head adjustment dial

dbydprint

I need to know what purpose a certain part is for and where I can obtain a replacement (if needed).

The part the 2 heads sit in (in my machine is silver metal) - this has 2 clicking/sliding dials up front, and 1 on the right side, my issue is that the dial on the right side has been broken (a black plastic tab that would normally dial through the clicker). What is this for and could this have caused my right head to not fire at all (but left printed fine - heads were replaced, capping, pump, mother board was sent out for repair (there was nothing wrong) - replaced dampers, flushed all lines from cartridge - to waste bottle, replaced head ribbons, tried different inks, ran cleaning and ink fills, syringe pull from the dampers - basically a new printer at this point and still unable to print to my dismay (out of either head), then I found this broken part)?

To be honest I do not know what the 2 front dials are for either and being a small business owner, simply do not have the bucks to bring in a proper tech - so have been doing repairs myself (this forum has been great for research) but after 4+ months being down starting to wonder if I should throw in the towel.

Also I am on my 3rd set of heads, they keep drying out on me in between repair (as well, all dampers I have to keep replacing) - I am hoping to not have to order a 4th set, any tips on unclogging them (I have tried soaking them in the cleaning fluid (out of cleaning cartridges) but on all 6 heads there seems to be 1 or 2 colors not flowing from each (I use eco-solvent inks).

letterman7

Hmm.. my Falcon had a black head cartridge... (you have an email, btw). The dial (that wasn't on mine) would seem to indicate a head adjustment front to rear. It wouldn't have anything to do with the heads not firing. But all your symptoms are identical to what mine were - I finally bit the bullet and bought a new machine. The heads are drying out because the capping station isn't sealing right. If you've not replaced that yet, do so. All the parts are available through CMYK parts in Florida.
If you plan on keeping the machine, man up and get the money together for a service contract. There's an outfit right in Philly that will do the work - http://www.tunedcolor.com/ - they're not exceedingly expensive (and require the money up front) but they'll do what needs to be done to get the unit running. Most of us here are small business owners, myself included, and even though I've been in business for years, it's still hard to swallow setting out your hard earned cash for a service contract. It's one of those things that you may never need, but when you do, you'll be glad you dropped the dime to do it.