• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. ink pump conversion

mag-art

Owner
Hello All,

First i would like to thank all involved with this web site, it has help me start my business from scratch. Thank Again.

Has anyone out there tried to convert there ink pump on the falcon outdoor Jr. to the ink pump from the Mutoh ValueJet. It looks like you can just drill a new hole in the maintenance station frame and all would be good. Let me know if there are any other issues with this conversion. (upgrade). I can tell by the way that the pump is built that it pumps both head at the same time compared to the original pump that does the color and black separately.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You All !!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The VJ pumps are half the price and much more available.

It's not the sort of thing you replace every day. I wrangled a Falcon 46 for 5 years and replace the pump exactly one time. Price shouldn't be a player.

As far as availability, again you shouldn't have to replace it all that often for it to be an issue either.

These machines, any and all brands, are sufficiently quirky all by themselves, the last thing they need is strange parts.

mag-art

Owner
I seem to go threw 2 or 3 per year. The hoses get chewed up and leak ink. The hoses on the VJ pump are clear and have a part # printed on them. (TYGON R-3603) It just seems that the pump all together looks a little more heavy duty.

Robert M

Pumps

You can use a Falcon pump in a Falcon Jr if you drill a new hole for the monting plate. I do not see how you could hook up valuejet pump