• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon jr lcd readout is gibberish

AUTO-FX

Hey, does anybody have a clue why my falcon jr lcd panel has gibberish all over it? I just bought this printer second hand. When i first set it up and turned it on, it had no readout at all. The top row of buttons would not respond/function. The gentleman i purchased it from suggested i check the ribbon cable at the control panel for a good connection. I removed the cover, unplugged and replugged the cable. Since i did that, i can now use the top buttons, perform a nozzle check, and advance the media forward and reverse. However, the lcd readout is just gibberish. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hey Chris, its James. Try cleaning both sides of the ribbon cable, insert them slowly and carefully and check again. If it still has the same problem talk to Victor at cmykparts.com ....he can get you the cable. FYI, he will automatically charge $35 for overnight shipping....if you want to wait an extra day for the part let him know and he will charge normal pricing. I am almost 100% certain it is the cable because of the progression of events....first the buttons were not working and no display, then when you checked the cable they started working. It sounds like either the cable is not inserted correctly or there is an issue with it. **When you take it out, look at each little connector to make sure none of them are bent backwards or missing.....or have any dirt on them.

Let me know what happens.....I want a satisfied buyer!!!

Mikeifg

It does that when someone is in the machine alot and they need to get to the cap and pump behind it. No big deal.

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Well, I sold him the printer, and I believe the trip to PA caused the cable to become loose (maybe it was starting to come loose already). I had the printer in production up until 10 hours before the pickup....so the cable is the only thing that makes sense

AUTO-FX

Alright, after playing around with the cable connection to the panel some more, it has decided to perform as advertised. Test print performed well. Looks like i have a nozzle out on the black head, but i'm thinking that will clear itself with a little use. Thanks, guys, for the advice. Wish me luck and happy motoring.