• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr locked in cleaning mode

letterman7

OK, fire up the printer a little while ago and it says that the 'K' cart is empty. Probably is, so I swap it with a new one. The machine immediately goes into a head wash routine and promptly empties half the new K cart. Machine finishes, says to remove the cleaning cart (yeah..), remove the cart and the panel reads 'K discharged' and does nothing more. I turn off the machine and re-install the (what's left of) the K cart and re-power. The machine lights the error LED and the panel reads HEAD WASH again. OK, a little smarter this time I swap the K cart with a cleaning cart and let it do it's thing. Machine finishes with the same message - 'K discharged' and won't do anything else. All the while the error light is on. I unplugged everything from the machine, let it sit for about a half hour and plugged it back in, figuring it will reset. Nope, same deal. I can't find anything in the manual about this error loop and I've got a job due - anyone have any ideas?

Rick

letterman7

No such labels on my carts - they are all simply paper other than the holographic image and the digital chip. I've been buying through Advantage Supply since they are local to me. Never had an issue until now.

letterman7

Interesting. The old cart that I threw out does not have the chip, but it does have the chrome label with two black squares, sort of offset vertically. But I can't see what difference that would make. The chip is on an attached credit card sized plastic card, sticky-taped to the cart. I imagine it's (the chip) is for aging purposes, but the machine can't read it, so I have no idea why it there...?

letterman7

Ah...! I ordered and picked up a full set of colors and the black was the first that needed changed. I just checked the others and they, too, have the chips. I'll have to call Advantage to see if there is actual difference and if there is, they owe me some money :)

randya

Interesting. The old cart that I threw out does not have the chip, but it does have the chrome label with two black squares, sort of offset vertically. But I can't see what difference that would make. The chip is on an attached credit card sized plastic card, sticky-taped to the cart. I imagine it's (the chip) is for aging purposes, but the machine can't read it, so I have no idea why it there...?

The ink is the same Epson ink from Mutoh...

Take pictures of everything and contact your dealer,

You can remove the chips and carefully remove the chrome from an old cart and put the chrome on your new cart and get back to business if you need.

letterman7

Been Using it forever and you could not tell the difference?

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, funny as that sounds, the carts looked the same to me - silly me for not noticing the foil on the end wasn't there. I just assumed it was a new style cart and went with it. I was going to say something wiseass about how glad I am that everyone is smarter than me for knowing the difference but I changed my mind...