• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr Problem

bmatlock5

This problem may be similar to one in another post, but I will ask it anyway. I have a Falcon Outdoor Jr that I purchased new two years ago but have not put into service until last month. The black ink has given me nothing but problems from day one. When I do a nozzle check in the morning, the colors are fine, but the black never prints good. I do a cleaning and it helps, but it seems I have to print about a 6 inch picture to get the black to print good. Then the nozzle check is fine and it prints fine until I let it set for a couple hours, then it is back to the same as it was to start, like the black is clogged. I checked the dampers and the black one is completely full even before the first nozzle check that is attached. Since there is ink there, I think that tells me that the problem is either damper, head, or capping station not sealing well. Sometimes if i put in a new cartidge, it helps for a day or two, then it is back to giving problems. I tried to include a nozzle check scan that was done this morning. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• nozzle.jpg
    nozzle.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 81

zgraphics

I had the same problem... The tech use a syringe and alcohol to unclog the dried ink in the line. and it worked great now my problem is printing excellent. Good luck

Jackpine

And/or do a head flush and refill if the printer has been sitting with ink in the lines and not printing.
I had the same problem... The tech use a syringe and alcohol to unclog the dried ink in the line. and it worked great now my problem is printing excellent. Good luck

Arthur Sanchez

I think it might be time for a new black printhead. I don't think it's the capping station, if it was it wouldn't pull any black ink at all I believe. The falcon uses the Epson printhead the same one as the epson 3000 printer. You can get it for under $100 . Go look up compassmicro.com

oreen

Make sure the carriage is in the station with the lever down, use a syringe with a small tube attached to the tip of it - attach the tube to the line for the black ink that goes into the waste bottle- pull back on the syringe handle to withdraw the ink- do not release handle -keep the vaccum pressure on and disconnect the tube from the black line - continue this process until ink comes through the line- then try a print test.

bmatlock5

thanks to all who have offered advice. i used cleaning cartidges and refilled the ink and it seemed to work pretty good. but tonight i printed a piece which went perfect, then about 30 minutes later, my problem seemed to return on the next print. the black acts like it is almost out of ink, but there is ink in the damper. three consecutive test prints show three different print patterns for black, it is never the same nozzles not firing. one that fired before is not now and one that did not before is now. also when you try to print something with black, until it prints for about 6 inches, the black kinda oversprays and is not sharp. it actually looks like the black is banding from low heat, but i think that is the nozzles not all firing correctly that the test shows. another thing i have noticed is that the problem seems to occur more frequently if the machine does an automatic clean prior to printing. may be a coincidence, i dunno. i am kinda getting disgusted over this!!!:banghead: any additional advice is appreciated

Last edited: