• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon jr. setup

gixxer2004

How do I hook up a Falcon Jr. to a laptop with no paralell port connection? Will a paralell port cable to usb work? I am running Flexi 7.5 and everytime I hook the usb cable to laptop it says I need to install a driver.

Compilla

If your Laptop has a NIC,

I will recommend you getting parallel Print Server adapter & a crossover cable:

D-Link # DP301p+
Trendnet #TE100-PiP
Hawking # HPS1P

gixxer2004

Thanks for your information. I am not familiar with the parallel print servers. Do I need the internet in order for it to work or can I run it directly to the laptop with the crossover cable? I have the old school dial up in my workspace so I don't have access to a router.

Compilla

You do not need internet.

If you are connecting directly to the printer using an Ethernet Cross Over cable, you must setup static IP Addresses on the computer and the printer. The IP Address must be different for the communication to work. IP Addresses are much like a Home address two homes can not have the same address. So if the computer’s IP Address is 172.018.0.101 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then the Printer could be set to 172.018.0.100 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 as you can see the last field of the IP Address is different.