• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. will not print a test print or print

I have had this machine for 10+ years and had never run in to this. I'm not able to even get a test print from the machine. Any ideas?

Jim - Carolina Sign Source

Yes the head is going thru it's movement, but no printing. It's not even doing a nozzle check. I was wondering if it's the headboard.

WalkerP

Sounds like a bad board to me. I'm not super familiar with that model, but all of the Mutoh/Mimaki/Rolands are similar enough they display similar issues and fixes.
Anything crazy happen like power outage, breaker trip, bad storm? I've fried head board fuses just by touching a printer and having static built up.
Dumb question, but have you powered printer down, unplug, let it sit for 5 mins and rebooted? As silly as it sounds, I've had that work with similar issues.

You could look at and smell the boards to see/smell if there is anything noticeably blown. Many times it's not noticeable, but sometimes it's blatant. I worked on one brand of printer and every time the transformer on the main board blew it stunk pretty bad.

We had to replace the df41723 ribbon cables that run back and forth with the print head that got cut and shut the printer down. Then we had it running when we left the shop. This morning fired it up and that's when we had the problem.

WalkerP

Dang. I'm out of ideas that would be of any benefit. Hopefully someone else can chime in that knows more about that model. Good luck!

Umca

First of all you have to check fuses on mainboard if printhead not firing.
Places of two fuses you can find on picture (in yellow squares)

Attachments

• RH1_Fuse.jpg
    RH1_Fuse.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 118