• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor 48 - black stopped printing suddenly

MrTopgun21

I have a Falcon Outdoor 48 printer, recently out-of-the-blue, the black stopped printing.
Here are the things I've tried:
  • I've pulled cleaning solution through the head
  • Took the damper off and pulled ink from the line to be sure I don't have a plugged line (all good)
  • Ink damper looks half full like the other dampers
  • Pulled the lines off the capping station and pulled air through them, they are open

Now my capping station has a slight air leak on that head when I try to draw ink from it with a syringe. So I'm thinking I'm going to replace the capping station, so I can get a good solid draw on that head.

Anyone else have any ideas? Know a good place for capping stations?

:thankyou:

MrTopgun21

Black not printing

Update - I replaced the capping station and found the black damper had a leak. I am getting black in the damper now, but it's not being delivered to the paper.
I have to assume the head crapped out?

Last edited:

guitarguy69

You can run a little charge, or better yet as to not waste inks for the other colors, use a syringe to pull ink just prior to the damper. Then use a hemostat with tubing on the tongs to pin the line so the ink does not go back in the line. Hook up damper and run a strong clean, should be good to go.

I would also, at that point, keep an eye out for air leaks as there are other areas of concern if that happens.

MrTopgun21

You can run a little charge, or better yet as to not waste inks for the other colors, use a syringe to pull ink just prior to the damper. Then use a hemostat with tubing on the tongs to pin the line so the ink does not go back in the line. Hook up damper and run a strong clean, should be good to go.

I would also, at that point, keep an eye out for air leaks as there are other areas of concern if that happens.

Hi Guitarguy69,
thanks for the response I apologize, I mistyped my response. I AM getting black in the damper, it's just not spraying. I've drawn ink from the waste line with a syringe and I'm now getting black there too.

dtdm

A few suggestions to look into from another fellow 48'er...
- Pumping station
I've found that most of my problems come from it... They are pretty simple to dismantle and check out the insides. Mine has eaten the lines up a few times, also gotten gunked up and stopped properly spinning.
I purchased a few in the past and the last one I bought wouldn't create a suction on the black print head ... which would cause those lines to drop out during prints. I since have made a Frankenstein creation of bits and pieces of others and things have been great since then.​
- Check the air tubes that connect to the bottom of the capping station. Mine pop off from time to time causing headaches.
- Capping station
The small air leak thing... I notice mine doesn't quite sit right either. Tried all the adjustments but no luck. Something I've done in the past is switch the caps on the capping station, like dissasemble the whole thing and flip the top parts, like the white rectangle with the black rubbers.

If you do need to order some new parts I recommend http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/

MrTopgun21

A few suggestions to look into from another fellow 48'er...
- Pumping station
I've found that most of my problems come from it... They are pretty simple to dismantle and check out the insides. Mine has eaten the lines up a few times, also gotten gunked up and stopped properly spinning.
I purchased a few in the past and the last one I bought wouldn't create a suction on the black print head ... which would cause those lines to drop out during prints. I since have made a Frankenstein creation of bits and pieces of others and things have been great since then.​
- Check the air tubes that connect to the bottom of the capping station. Mine pop off from time to time causing headaches.
- Capping station
The small air leak thing... I notice mine doesn't quite sit right either. Tried all the adjustments but no luck. Something I've done in the past is switch the caps on the capping station, like dissasemble the whole thing and flip the top parts, like the white rectangle with the black rubbers.

If you do need to order some new parts I recommend http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/

I pulled the ink pump apart and ran cleaning solution through the lines, cleaned the dried gunk up on the inside and reassembled it. I can draw ink through it successfully.
I still have black in the damper after running a test print. Could the problem be electronic at this point?
A tech I know said to try unplugging and reseating the head cable, I did that and cleaned the contacts with Iso alcohol. Didn't help.
What happens if a head board craps out?

dtdm

I am not sure about electrical issues, I blew a head fuse and that causes all ink to just dump crazy prints... somewhat the opposite.
If you manually pull ink through black side, then go to print... does it print black?