• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor 48 - Getting hung up between prints

dtdm

Hello, I've had this problem since day 1 and I have been able to live with it up until now...

• Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48
    [*=1]SEH FastPocket Print server connection
  • Windows XP
  • Flexi 10.5

Problem:
When printing multiple job, printer locks up and is stuck on "Receiving [PORT]" on the LCD Screen.
It shows a status of printing in flexi, but never prints.

This is a real problem now with very large jobs, I would love to be able to print to take up roll and get other stuff done. Currently I am having to manually hit print after each print has finished.

Could purchasing a new print server help? If so are there any recommendations?
Any advice would be amazing!

FINBAR

Hello, I've had this problem since day 1 and I have been able to live with it up until now...

• Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48
    [*=1]SEH FastPocket Print server connection
  • Windows XP
  • Flexi 10.5

Problem:
When printing multiple job, printer locks up and is stuck on "Receiving [PORT]" on the LCD Screen.
It shows a status of printing in flexi, but never prints.

This is a real problem now with very large jobs, I would love to be able to print to take up roll and get other stuff done. Currently I am having to manually hit print after each print has finished.

Could purchasing a new print server help? If so are there any recommendations?
Any advice would be amazing!
My Rockhopper 38 used to freeze with similar symptoms and was cured by tweaking the low dc voltage up from 4.8 to 5.2v.
You will need a digital voltmeter as the variable "pot" is quite sensitive and the voltage is critical.
Good Luck-
Finbar

dtdm

Thanks for your response, I have yet to adjust the voltage...
I saw a ton of posts that mentioned stopping in the middle of prints... however mine has no problem printing a job of any length... it just has a problem with queued prints.