• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor 62" E072 Y Timeout

jonathantill

Getting a E072 Y Timeout error when trying to do a nossle check. It prints the first line of test and then comes back to the carriage, then goes back and prints the first past of the second test (Diagonal lines) and as it is about to come out of the capping station it stops and then i get this message. I was having a problem (or what i thought was a problem) with the paper check when i turned on the machine so at some point i reset the home position and I think this might be causing part of my problem. I have cleaned the encoder strip and the reader. I have cleaned most of the sensors that i can find (sensor on the print head carriage, encoder reader, home position reader, xr sensor). I have also checked the tension on the y belt/motor and there doesn't seem to be a problem. I took a pair of pliers and gently held the shaft of the motor and could not move the carriage without the motor turning so the belt isn't slipping either. I also get the same result when trying to run the y motor aging test but the motor and carriage both work fine until that third pass of the nossle check. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Jonathan

CRD

Did you clean the raceway the ball bearings of the head unit are running on? Can you feel any resistance at the spot the third pass is stopping.

Paco

jonathantill

No i cannot feel any resistance where it is stopping and when the machine is off and I move it along the raceway i feel nothing. When the machine is running it is barely hitting something right at the edge of the paper. It never stops there but is driving me crazy. Took the whole carriage off last night and just cant figure out why it is rubbing. I can only get it to touch when i press down on the head. It is like when the y motor is moving the carriage it pulls it down in 1 spot and that is what is causing it to touch. When i move it back and forth I cannot get it to touch to save my life. I also changed the home position in the diag menu and could get it to print out the whole nozzle check but it starts printing the black then prints half of the cyan skips a section and the prints the other half of the cyan and then is good all the way to the end. It was printing fine the other day but my black head was printing fuzzy and 1 lead on my print head cable was bad so i replaced the cable and was gonna try a different head. That is why i think it must be just settings because it was working fine before i replaced that cable.

CRD

OK, If you replaced the head you have loosend one screw on the head unit.
If that one is not fixed correctly the belt is pulling the head at an angle. I found same thing when I adjusted the headheight the lever moved but the head stayed at the same height. Just worth to check the screw that connects the belt to the carriage unit.

Paco

jonathantill

Thanks for your help. I took everything back apart, cleaned, and then oiled all the rollers and bearings. I also swapped ends of the encoder strip and now everything is working great again. Not sure if it was the strip or cleaning and oiling but all is good again. Thanks for your help.

studio10

I had the E072 Y Timeout few weeks ago. Service manual says: Y motor, encoder, head board, cables ...Cleaning the encoder solved problem. By the way for bearing raceways I always use some synthetic grease, not oil.