• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon outdoor 62 print issues

pasigndesign

I have been having some issues with the head seeming to fire and cause print marks all over the print ( no matter what media ) Have cleaned it several times, cleaned the encoder strip with no fix. The carriage seems to bind a little as it moves both directions and makes alot of noise. I loosened the band and checked the wheels on both sides. The wheel on the y motor spins freely from the shaft ( is this normal ) also I noticed if it is supposed to spin freely, that the wheel seems to wobble alot. IS this a simple replace the wheel or will I need the whole motor, Or is there something else that could be causing these lines. The carriage seemed to move fine when I moved it back and forth with the y motor out. Any suggestions

Graphics2u

I have been having some issues with the head seeming to fire and cause print marks all over the print ( no matter what media ) Have cleaned it several times, cleaned the encoder strip with no fix. The carriage seems to bind a little as it moves both directions and makes alot of noise. I loosened the band and checked the wheels on both sides. The wheel on the y motor spins freely from the shaft ( is this normal ) also I noticed if it is supposed to spin freely, that the wheel seems to wobble alot. IS this a simple replace the wheel or will I need the whole motor, Or is there something else that could be causing these lines. The carriage seemed to move fine when I moved it back and forth with the y motor out. Any suggestions
I don't know about your print marks but the pulley on the Y motor should not be loose from the shaft. This happened to ny Falcon JR. It would give me an error code though. You can either replace the motor which will come with a new pulley or do what I did and Use the strongest loc-tite you can get and glue the pulley back on to the shaft. That was a suggestion I got from a GEI Calgraph Tech. Leave it sit for 24hrs after gluing it. If that hole in the pulley is worn though causing it to "wobble" You might be better off getting the whole new motor just to be safe. The pulley is not available alone.

MachServTech

Unless you are mechanically inclined and have the service manual handy, you should really have an experienced Mutoh tech come out (you can call GEI Calgraph, but if you are going to pay for time and materials make sure that he is EXPERIENCED whith this model.)

pasigndesign

pic of print

here is a pic ( not the greatest )

Attachments

• mess.jpg
    mess.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 124

pasigndesign

thanks

It does wobble a little, however not sure if this wobbling is causing the head to fire. I may try the loctite and see what happens before I order a new motor

Graphics2u

It does wobble a little, however not sure if this wobbling is causing the head to fire. I may try the loctite and see what happens before I order a new motor
You definately need to get the pulley glued back on tho the shaft. Then see if you still have the other problem.