• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor - Auto Clean?

Does anyone with a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor printer know if the machine performs any unattended automatic cleaning operations at time intervals?

I know that the Roland and Mimaki solvent printers do this, but don't know if the Falcon Outdoor does. If it does, can the interval between cleanings be defined, or is it pre-set?

Thanks for your knowledgable input.

Bob

Jackpine

Mine does cleanings when the printer is on (before I start a print if needed). I am not sure what the "cycle" for the cleanings are. I do at least one nozzle check each day I print and the days I don't print. If I don't get a good nozzle check print, I do a cleaning.

customsticker

On my Roland 545 - Auto clean is when the printer has been used for a certain amount of time, it will automatically clean itself. I have mine turned off, I know when it needs to be cleaned.

It will also kick on by itself when off for a certain amount of time, to ensure the heads dont stick to the capping station.

Derf

I don't know how it determines when to do a cleaning however I will do one at least every day with a nozzle check