Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcon Outdoor - Auto Clean?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by P Wagner, May 9, 2007.

1. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Does anyone with a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor printer know if the machine performs any unattended automatic cleaning operations at time intervals?

I know that the Roland and Mimaki solvent printers do this, but don't know if the Falcon Outdoor does. If it does, can the interval between cleanings be defined, or is it pre-set?

Thanks for your knowledgable input.

Bob

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Mine does cleanings when the printer is on (before I start a print if needed). I am not sure what the "cycle" for the cleanings are. I do at least one nozzle check each day I print and the days I don't print. If I don't get a good nozzle check print, I do a cleaning.

3. customsticker

customsticker Member

Apr 23, 2007
    On my Roland 545 - Auto clean is when the printer has been used for a certain amount of time, it will automatically clean itself. I have mine turned off, I know when it needs to be cleaned.

It will also kick on by itself when off for a certain amount of time, to ensure the heads dont stick to the capping station.

4. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I don't know how it determines when to do a cleaning however I will do one at least every day with a nozzle check