• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Flexi 8.1 HELP PLEASE!!

kilo15170

I have been trying to get this falcon outdoor to print right for the last two weeks or so. I am running FlexiSign Pro 8.1 V1 as my rip. her is my problem. when i print a test print right off the printer i get the correct colors that is supposed to be printed, but when i send a file from flexi the colors get all jacked up. can someone PLEASE HELP.

attached are photos of my problem.
the first photo is when i print straight from the printer. colors are good
picture.php

the second photo is what i am trying to print from flexi. nothing to complex
picture.php

and the third photo is what i get coming out of the printer.
picture.php

if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

kilo15170

so thanks again for the link. i watched almost all the videos in there. followed the steps. got my printer to print almost perfect now. "ALMOST"

what is stumping me right now is every time i go to print a Blue from the printer it prints it magenta. all other colors come through perfect. blacks yellows even magenta. just that blue. i double checked all my lines, heads, dampers, inks to make sure i didn't mix up the colors and according to the manuals its all correct.

if anyone knows whats going on pleas help me. thanks!

kilo15170

Bump.... Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone tell me what's the color order on the heads? I just wanna make sure it didn't get mixed up by accordant somehow.

randya

typically your nozzle check will print the channels on the carriage opposite of what they are on the carriage.

I.e. if the carriage is KCMY left to right
K will print firts, then C then M them Y
So your nozzle check will look like YMCK left to right.

kilo15170

When I do the nozzle check it's fine. But when I send a bulb box from flexi the printer will print a magenta/purpleish looking in stead of a blue. I am thinking this is software related because nozzle prints from the printer are exactly how they are supposed to look.

Does anyone know where I can download and driver for the printer also? I figure I try that also.

kilo15170

I am using 3m IJ180 vinyl. I used the profile for the 180 and I also used the profile for the oracal 651. Any idea?

kilo15170

One thing I just thought of I am using a USB connection from my printer to my computer. Could this cause an issue with printing? I don't wanna run out and buy new cables if it won't even make a difference

randya

One thing I just thought of I am using a USB connection from my printer to my computer. Could this cause an issue with printing? I don't wanna run out and buy new cables if it won't even make a difference

While the USB port is not officially supported, it should not cause your issue.

kilo15170

so thanks to everyone who tried to help! i finally figured out that the settings in the printer was all messed up. it was converting all kinds of colors to all the wrong colors. once i reset all all the settings to factory it printed like a dream!