• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon outdoor ink fading

g1sammons

haveing a problem with ink fading on a 62 falcon outdoor
i have been fighting with this for 2 weeks now
have check for air leaks replaced print heads o-rings dampers ect
pulled a vac check on the ink lines from damper lines to the cartage needles
it act like ink starvation but i changed from orcal 3651 to avery 1050 ez
and it seems to print great
so i figured i had bad media i changed to a 2nd new roll fresh from fellers
and have the same problem also tried to adjust heat settings nothing seem to work
also trying to find a mutoh service teck in nashville tn area
thanx for any help you can provide
gary

randya

Ink starvation is typically dampers.

IF it prints the SAME image on Avery and it prints fine, then it is not the printer.

gbarker

Is this all colors?

Here's my two cents...

When you change media are you changing the print profile in your rip software? I know using Flexi Production Manager each profile has different ink limits. This being said, With my Falcon Outdoor Oracal's 3651 profile calls for more ink with all colors. Arlon calls for less. If you get ink starvation with one profile but not another check the profiles and see if in fact they have different ink limits. You can always use the working profile on any media, I have for years. Might have to adjust a few things here and there but it can be done. This might help in determining if it is ink starvation. Hopefully this makes sense. If not let me know.

Now that doesn't fix you problem, you should be able to print using 100% of all colors if it's needed. One little known secret is to check the plastic ink lines on top of the printer. The ones that bend and move when the head moves. Remove the o-rings up where they meet the metal head tubes and visually inspect the lines. It has been found in some older machines, over time, the o-rings will slowly crimp the plastic and essentially bottle neck your ink flow. Simply clip off the plastic tube just past the o-ring, reassemble and give it a try.