• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor issue

davis86401

A few inches into a print these lines appear. When the lines start to appear I can hear a bumping noise. As lines get worse so does the noise. I can put my finger on the print head and feel the bump. The printer is printing well except for these lines. The nozzle checks are fine.
I have cleaned all of the rails including the encoder strip on top.I can't see anything that could be hitting it. Could a bearing be bad on the carriage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Robert

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 94

randya

Looks like head strikes on banner material.

Lower your temp settings and raise the head to high head height.

davis86401

I tried lowering the heat ( off ) and the print head is in the high position. the noise is still
there. The marks are also still there. Something is making the carriage run unevenly. Any ideas?

Thanks, Robert

randya

First, remove your media, release the head and manually (slowly) drag it across the platen back and forth.

Take a flashlight and examine the carriage and the drive rail.

Check for binding and unevenness.

The carriage does have bearings top and bottom and on each side, these ride a long strip of 'bearing race'.

Tiogy

I have never replaced the carriage but, I have replaced almost everything else. The steel band (Belt) should be tightened so that it rides consistantly at the same height on the wheels. If the band makes noise as it moves then it is most likely too tight. If it is too loose, you will get error codes related to the Y motor.

davis86401

Mutoh Carriage Problem

Since I did not replace the print heads, just remove and replace them am I good to go?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Robert

randya

No, there are alignments that you will want to run.

There should be some mechanical alignments and timing alignments you should run to get everything back to good.

randya

You are going to need a service manual, and it is not that difficult.
(although it may be time consuming)

Ask around here, someone should be able to fix you up.

Just curious, what problem(s) did you find that led you to change the carriage?

davis86401

Alignments on Falcon

There was a noise that became worse as it printed. You could actually feel a slight bump as the carriage went back and forth.

I thought it might be a bad bearing but the bearings are not available individually. I had to buy the complete assembly.

Can anyone out there lend me a hand in finding the alignment procedures?

Thanks, Robert

davis86401

any ideas?

I have replaced the carriage and maintenance station with no luck. The lines appear in any print a few minutes after starting the first print.

After the machine is warmed up the lines appear much sooner.

The lines are printing bi directionally while the printer is in uni- directional mode
and you can actually hear the heads firing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance Robert

Mary Gotcher

I've had something similar happen. Banner material was in a bind and not perfectly straight. I know this sounds simple, but that was my problem. It happened to me 3 times on a long banner. Very frustrating. Good luck. Next time I'll buy Roland.