• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Jr. Bad Nozzle Check

brightboxsigns

I have a Falcon Outdoor Jr. that has been running smooth for a few years that suddenly started having a bad nozzle check pattern between job runs one day. I attached a picture of the nozzle check. Looks like random white lines running thorugh it. I ran some heavy cleanings on it and soaked my printheads with no improvment. I called out a Mutoh tech that tried to tell me it was my heaters. I checked my heater temps and they work how they should with an even temperature across the plate. He went ahead and replaced both the print heads but that still didn't help, he left telling me good luck with that. It does this regardless of the media and I have even swtiched out my ink just in case. The humidity is controlled in the room and the machine stays as clean as possible. I have just ran out of ideas and was looking for any suggestions. If I print at high quality customers don't complain or haven't yet, but it isn't cost effective to keep that up.

Attachments

• bad nozzle check.jpg
    bad nozzle check.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 114
  • bad nozzle check2.jpg
    bad nozzle check2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 98

randya

You can try to 'diaper' the printhead.

Take a clean, nonsheeding clean room wiper (4"x4") double it up, wet it with cleaning solution from a cleaning cartrige.

Release the carriage lock and gently slide the head off of the capping station.

Place the wet cleaning cloth over the cap(s), tucking the loose end down and out of the way.

Gently slide the head back over to the capping station and lock it back into place.

Every 15-20 minutes re-wet the wipe with cleaning solution.

After 1 hour do a strong cleaning.
Then a nozzle check...
Repeat as needed to unclog nozzles.

Be careful not to pour liquid all over the capping station, an eyedropper or syringe will work well to rewet the cleaning cloth.

Jackpine

Ditto! In the images you posted they don't look bad at all considering the low resolution a nozzle check prints. Print a (test print) small blocks of C,M,Y,K,R,G,B and maybe a bitmap and a gradiant and let us see. Soaking the heads can really work wonders.
You can try to 'diaper' the printhead.

Take a clean, nonsheeding clean room wiper (4"x4") double it up, wet it with cleaning solution from a cleaning cartrige.

Release the carriage lock and gently slide the head off of the capping station.

Place the wet cleaning cloth over the cap(s), tucking the loose end down and out of the way.

Gently slide the head back over to the capping station and lock it back into place.

Every 15-20 minutes re-wet the wipe with cleaning solution.

After 1 hour do a strong cleaning.
Then a nozzle check...
Repeat as needed to unclog nozzles.

Be careful not to pour liquid all over the capping station, an eyedropper or syringe will work well to rewet the cleaning cloth.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
A couple of other thoughts....

Clean the encoder strip. Dust/dirt can cause problems with printing.

Check the lines to the waste bottle. Sometimes ink will dry up and obstruct the tubes, making it hard for the pump to work efficiently.

Welcome to Signs101 from OK!