• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Jr. Head Misfiring

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
All nozzels are open, but I have a misfire on two of my magenta nozzels. Any tips besides cleanings to get this open quicker? Could I soak the capping station with alcohol without damaging the head? Maybe siphoning?

rockz12

nevermind, found it from Randya....

Use a non-shedding clean room cloth.

Fold in half and wet with cleaning solution from one of the cleaning cartridges. (You should gut one of your cleaning cartridges and store the liquid in a poly bottle).

Place the wet cleaning cloth on the cap (s)

Raise the head (or lower the capping station.

Move the head over the capping station and lower the head (or release the capping station).

Rewet with cleaning solution every 15 minutes.

After two cycles run a strong clean and nozzle check.

Rinse, lather, repeat until all nozzles are clear. (Mild plugs will free in just a few cycles, hard core plugs could take hours.)

The whole idea here is to get cleaning solution up against the plug in the nozzle (without damaging the nozzle) to soften it up and allow the pump to pull it out.

rockz12

Head soak worked PERFECT! Its amazing how 1 misfiring nozzle can P!ss on your parade. Used alcoholic on a lint free cloth and let it sit on the maintenace station with the heads resting on it. Then a few power cleanings and I was off to the races.