• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Jr not cleaning

signgal01

Hi,

My Falcon Outdoor Jr, will not go through a cleaning. I hold the button down for the 2 seconds and nothing happens, also when I go to the menu/utilities/clean it doesn't work either. Is there a simple solution? I've tried restarting the machine and unplugging it from the wall and then starting over.

Thanks,
Vicki "Signgal"

signgal01

Right no noise no movement. The screen just goes right back to "Print OK". We were having some issues with the sensor on the waste ink tank, but got it cleaned a fixed. Also, when we first turn the machine on in the morning it does its normal start up and finds the material and then it says "Wash Black"? In the process of possible trading this machine in for a ValueJet 1324, but just need to get a few prints out of it over the next week or so.

I can get the machine to print but the my print quality is really low right now and just need to run it through a few cleanings to get a few prints out.

Vicki "Sign Gal"
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

randya

Probably firmware or motherboard.
Short of turning the machine off for a while and seeing if it is an overheating component on the motherboard.

signgal01

Thanks, I talked to a tech at Mutoh today and he said I just needed to run it through a whole wash and it would work. So I ran the machine through a wash cycle and as soon as it was done it said "wash black" again. Still not letting me go through a cleaning either.

signgal01

Talked to the supplier we get our cartridges from and there were some black cartridges that had that were reading as cleaning cartridges. Put in a new black cartridge and everything works fine. What an easy fix! and everyone at the Mutoh tech line told me it was a motherboard issue.
Sign Gal :)

Border

Ink cartridge VS. motherboard replacement...wow! Talk about a close call to completely blowing at least a grand based on tech support advice.