• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon outdoor JR Print head issues

xray

Hello,

First off this board is awesome and has saved me a lot of time and money so thank you!

I have an old falcon jr I picked up.

I have cleaned the heads, soaked the heads and even run some solvent through them with a syringe.

I was wondering if you guys could give me any more ideas. I don't want to buy new heads unless I have to.

I have attached a few pics below...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 85
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 98

xray

I will try and align the black head..

Any ideas on how to unclog those puppies or is there a place to send the heads to?

bmatlock5

i am not sure the black needs aligned as much as it is such a mess. I had a pattern like that once that i thought was misalignment, but when i got the nozzles straightened out, it looked right. just a thought

Jackpine

I will try and align the black head..

Any ideas on how to unclog those puppies or is there a place to send the heads to?
Did you try a lint free cloth on the cap station saturated with cleaning solvent?
Reviewing the K printhead it may just be clogged nozzles. The edge is off (clogged?) that made me think it could be misaligned.

I have had sucess bringing heads in the condition of yours back by soaking them in cleaning solution. Every couple of days I would put them in a sonic cleaner with clean fluid for about 3 minutes and flush 30cc of clean fluid through them with gentle pressure. You can see the in the color change of the fluid coming out if you are getting any nozzles unclogged. Then let them soak for a couple of more days in clean fluid and repeat. I keep doing this until the fluid comes out clean and it looks like all the nozzles are working. It could take only a few days or it could take several weeks. I also make my own cleaning fluid for this since it takes quite a bit. I use 4 parts butylcarbitol to 1 part acetone and ocassionally I will use 3-1 if it is really bad.

There is a lot of information on this site about cleaing print heads using similar methods to what I described as well as making your own cleaning solution.

CRD

It is aligned OK. You miss the top row of the black so that is what you miss in the black square. As mentioned first clamp the tubes from the capping station outputs for color and black so the ink stays in the capping station. Clean this lines at first as they are the first to clogg and prevent the pump to suck ink. Then fill the capping station with cleaning fluid. Place small piece of lint free cloth on the top of the capping station and soak them with cleaning fluid. Carefully move the head on the capping station. Let it sit for several hours and then nozzle check. Take a cleaner stick wiper and saturate it with cleaning fluid and gently wipe the head surface to remove sticky dried up ink. Repeat this if you see nozzle come alive. Adding new cleaning fluid to the top of the head (take dampers off) by a syrince and gently push pull the ink.

Let us know the progress.

Paco

xray

What type of sonic cleaner would I get? How much?

Also where do you buy your supplies to make the cleaning fluid?

Thanks