Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

falcon outdoor jr print head

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Bentley Sign, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Bentley Sign

Bentley Sign Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Looking where to buy print head for a mutoh outdoor junior. Bought a used printer, head tore all up. Have a xc540 just want to use this for backup and odd jobs like banners?

Tags:
  2. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    The last heads I bought were from National Parts Depot: http://www.nationalparts.com/Parts.aspx?mfg=Epson . The black head was about $56 (part # F056030). The color head was about $101 (part # F055090). Don't ask this place for printheads for a Falcon Outdoor Junior. They won't know what you are talking about. These heads are for an Epson 3000, large, desktop printer. They work on the FOJ printer. I put 2 of these in my FOJ two years ago and they are still working. There are several other places that will sell you the same heads for a much higher price.

3. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada
    RG, are the Epson 3000 heads made for solvent use or aqueous ink use?

4. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
  5. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Wes, I'm not sure whether or not they are made for solvent use. I just know that they have worked for me. I also bought a black printhead from CMYK Parts and it is identical to the Epson 3000 head. After all, this ink is not true solvent--it's a mild solvent.

6. schurms

schurms Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Ya this whole industry is a rip off. Epson doesn't have two heads for water and solvent lol.
    Not the 3000's anyway. Shows what these printer manufactures really are. Assy plants with big mark up.

7. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    That's way too cheap... These Print Heads (OEM) cost hundreds of dollars each...

8. schurms

schurms Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Ya materials are cheap in this industry too.

9. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    "Ya", what's that mean? Can't seem to find it in Webster...