• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor JR questions, heaters, banding

Larry L

What is a good starting point for the heaters? I am getting banding and my red letters are fuzzy. I bought this unit used and I do not think the previous owner ever got the settings right. I've had the unit a while now and I cannot depend upon it printing the same from one day to the next.

RG

Larry, since no one else is talking, I'll put in my 2 cents worth. I don't think that the heaters have much to do with banding. What do you have your step adjust set to? I leave mine on 37. Fuzzy letters usually means that it's time to get a cleaning swab and clean the printhead. I set me heaters a little lower than the temp it takes to make the media start getting wavey. Hope this helps a bit.

AUTO-FX

I found temp suggestions in the (flexi) icc profile details, take a look at the icc profiles your using. Flexi's oracal profile suggests like 50 and 50, and i turn it down just a bit to 45, so there is less wave in the vinyl.i also think a slightly lower fixer temp allows the ink dot to expand just a bit, reducing banding, but no one ever told me that. Are you using flexi? I set blending to super fine , and use random diffusion instead of fmx and have very minimal banding. Also enable bi directional printing.ultimately realize that the falcon jr isnt the greatest, but it's decent.hope this helps you.

Larry L

Thanks for the info, I got so busy I did not stop to check the forum, sorry. I did a print head soak then a cleaning and it helped a lot. I still get stripes of my test strip after a few days. So I just did another cleaning. I do not know why the head clogs so easy. I installed a new maintenance station a few months ago ($400 sign warehouse) I do not print a lot but run a test strip every day except Sunday. My heaters are a bit low (40-44) perhaps.