• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon outdoor jr

bradw1

got to thinking today. do i need to leave the printer turned on or off during the night and on the weekends when not in use. i try to do somekind of test print at least every day. thanks in advance brad

letterman7

I learned the hard way. You can turn it off, but run at least one good size print covering all the colors every day. I had a file set up in Flexi that had a simple faded fill and a couple solid fills so I could check the heads. Go for more than a couple days not printing, and you'll risk clogging the heads.

Turn it off, I have my Falcon plugged into a surge protector to keep it safe. If the heads clog up it's not that big of a deal, just a quick head soak and you are back in business. Happens to me on Mondays sometimes...

bradw1

ok thanks for the quick replys. i at least do a the nozzle check everyday that prints the color block. is that good enough or do i need to go ahead and set up a color test print like mentiioned above? thanks again brad

Compilla

ok thanks for the quick replys. i at least do a the nozzle check everyday that prints the color block. is that good enough or do i need to go ahead and set up a color test print like mentiioned above? thanks again brad

I will do both, just to be safe.

Jackpine

QUOTE=Compilla;640417]I will do both, just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I also unplug when I'm gone for a few days. Mine is plugged into a surge protector. A test print is a good idea too. Just make sure the ink is moving in the lines to the waste bottle.