• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Rockhopper *Printing Error*

Larsonite

I've been working with this machine for a few years now and recently encountered a "new" problem.

When printing, Lines are added to the graphic. It isn't banding or over spray. These are obvious 1/4 inch lines that repeat. They are also individual colors (C, M, LtC, LtM, Y & K) and never a mixture of colors.

I've tried the Cleaning feature on the printer and it does make the print look better but the lines are still there. Basically the cleaning does work but not to solve these error lines.

Again, this isn't Banding or Over spray due to lint or poor alignment. I've experienced both and solved both. So far I haven't found a solution to these marks.

Also, they look oddly intentional. They look like a corrupted file but the nozzle check also has these, which should eliminate the corrupt file possibility. They kind of look like the printing alignment prints but obviously aren't the same.

Any feed back would be awesome!

I can also post a pic but it'll be a day before I can.

Thanks!
- Jeremy

Larsonite

Randya,

I think you nailed it. My co-worker did a cleaning on the machine and while cleaning the tracks the head moves on, he also cleaned the encoder strip. The machine works perfectly now.

Thanks!